2014/03/03

2NE1 - Crush






2NE1 is back!
It is my first time writing for them (hello, it is also the 2nd full album after 4 years). Their comeback is a big scene to the K-pop music and the fact that the
come back time is the same as Girls' Generation makes the scene even hotter.
I am not a big fan, but I love their music, I love their styles, I love the girls... it is more than enough to write this, right?


The first time you hear the album, you'll be like "The album totally screams 2NE1."

Actually the first ones that I listen to the most are "GOTTA BE YOU (너 아님 안돼)" and CL's solo song called "Mental Breakdown/멘봉 (MTBD)" which is a common slang words for Koreans. CL's rap is freaking awesome plus the track itself makes you want to dance all over the place. Meanwhile, GOTTA BE YOU is a catchy song with a beautiful intro that hits you into it.






Another track that I DEFINITELY recommend to you is: Come Back Home.

The lyrics scream a sad story about a girl who ask his boy to come back. What is the most fascinating about this song is the Music Video. Guys. I really love the video..... Like, seriously.
Sci-fi type of movie has always been my thing and 2NE1 using that concept is so fitted to them.
More about it, the song sounds reggae-ish (and from what I know, it is also a trap hybrid genre song <which I don't understand a thing about the genre>). I love this song..and of course the M/V.
I am going crazy with the chorus part, the graphic is perfect. CL's rap part after that is infinitely perfect. I feel like watching a futuristic short movie.
“Come Back Home” is the name of one of the biggest Korean songs from the ‘90s, by Seo Taiji & Boys, which YG [Yang Hyun-suk, YG Entertainment’s CEO] was a member of. We thought it would be cool to shout out [the original] “Come Back Home” in dedication to YG.
The music video release was delayed because of the graphic issues. Even though it is late, the high quality videos indicates that they work hard for it. It actually makes me glad that they delayed the video release.
You have to listen to the UNPLUGGED Version of Come Back Home. It has a different vibe sounds sadder than before but still screaming 2NE1.
The song in the Come Back Home M/V is actually the mix of the two.



You have to listen to the other songs like "착한 여자 (Good To You)" that is Dara's favorite and also "살아 봤으면 해 (If I Were You)"". There are 10 songs in total... I think you have to listen them all.
All the songs are totally bringing me in to their styles. Everytime I hear the album, it is like a party in my head.

You have to read these articles for more:
An Interview with K-Pop Favorites 2NE1 and Their New Videos for "Happy" and "Come Back Home" by noisey
9 Reasons to Love 2NE1's 'Crush' Album by FuseTV

p.s. They will release 4 videos in total. Hyped! 
p.s.s. World Tour is coming. It's titled 'All Or Nothing' or AON, and Indonesia is one of their stops. The concept is also futuristic and I really want to see their concert live.

1 comments:

Putri Valentina said... Reply

love 2ne1 new song soooo much!!
the video is super cool too :D

WWW.PUTRIVALENTINALIM.BLOGSPOT.COM

Post a Comment