2014/06/29

BEAST 'Good Luck'!

As I promised, a post of BEAST who has come with a new album "Good Luck".



They come out with two version of album this time, black and white. Each with different photo concept, white is pure, black is dark. With a random lip card. Here's what it looks like (not mine, credit to sgkpoppers.wordpress):




::  About Good Luck  ::  the title song itself

I already explained some about their 'changes' in the other post (new logo and a pre-released M/V for the album "Good Luck") check it out if you haven't.

Yong Junhyung once again, is the producer of this song. If you haven't known him, he is the rapper of BEAST and has made so many good song, also was the producer of BEAST mini album, "How To Love, Hard To Love." He pulled out the trigger once again and I am in love. Even it is just a mini album consists of seven songs, he proves all of the skills he has. (and I realize I'm pulled to his charms, a bias list wrecker, he is)

Good Luck is a dance song with a broken-hearted man lyrics in it, as they are known for singing sad song as their title song (except "It's a Beautiful Night"). The song "Good Luck" brings me back to the "Shock" era where the songs sounds electronic, but this one is diverse with a kind of American feel yet still electronic in it. Can't explain it in more scientific way, but it's a totally new kind of song for BEAST.

What I am amazed is that this 'new kind of song' is made by Junhyung. He worked with the last album which title song is "Shadow" and rather than the American feel that I told you, it has more a vintage feeling in it, not modern like "Good Luck". It is a change, but it is good.

I am not going to lie, I have not yet tired to hear "Good Luck" in my ears. I just... haven't. If I compare to the other boy groups I like (not naming anyone, I think you could guess), I love this song better. Absolutely.

The music video takes a concept of a popular Chinese move, "2046", but since I don't watch it nor understands it, I think I should pass the M/V review. Though I really love how the camera works so well making the set looks modern. Or the set IS modern.




::  Other Songs  ::  I'm taking you to my "Good Luck" mini album trip.

So, the one that makes a big progress this time isn't only Junhyung, but also the member Gikwang. He made one of the songs called "History" (you must be thinking of Exo's "History", but the song is a lot different than that). This "History" contains the sexy voices of the members and I have to mention the lyrics. This is the chorus.
"Tonight is our history / I’ll slowly come closer, so baby take it slow / Dim the lights and raise the volume / Our secret time baby just relax your mind"
Addition. I die at Junhyung's rap everytime I hear the song.

Another song, "Tonight, I'll Be By Your Side (이 밤 너의 곁으로)" sounds easy listening, very opposite from the other songs in the mini album. It shows the beat of 90's songs.

"We Up", for me the only song that shows the party. No sadness in it, just the signs to people to enjoy the night. They used this song to accompany the title song, maybe to make the comeback stage livelier. They also brings back dancers to the stage, couple dancing with the female dancers.
Truthfully, I didn't really like it at first and I was hoping "Dance With You" to come on stage.


::  Favorites  ::

"I wanna dance with you."
It's a sad song, about wanting your ex to dance with you together, like back in the days. But it has the beat and energetic feels into it. Really not a glommy song and it is liven up my mood.
(+) Favorite, "Sad Movie"
It is a remake of the Japanese version and I love this 91274914 better. It's just that Korean seems familiar to me than the Japanese. (feel me). Sad Movie = Sad song, of course. I love the piano entrance and then Yoseob's voice starts to filling me. It's a great song.


Last but not least...
You probably have already listened to "Not Anymore (이젠 아니야)" in the last post. If you haven't, click here, and see my thoughts about it.



p.s I know you heard a lot of Junhyung in this post, but Yoseob is still my number one bias (okay, that sounds cheeky and weird) and just wanna to tell that they won all of the music shows in 4th week of June and to surprise you guys, they got 10,000 points on Music Core and 11,000 points on Inkigayo which are PERFECT SCORE.
Congratulation to BEAST and what a hard work B2UTY.

0 comments:

Post a Comment